At the moment all incoming KWin bugs are managed by the developer community. This is actually not a really good solution as we have a high count of duplicate crash reports and also many bugs where we have to ask again and again for the same things (e.g. providing driver information or providing the list of loaded effects). Obviously if developers spend time on managing the bugs they cannot fix bugs in this time.
KWin is in the very lucky situation to have a cleaned up bugtracker. This means we don’t have old junk in the tracker and our bugs are nicely categorized by being put into the right categories. So becoming a triager would not mean cleaning up the old stuff but only help us with incoming bug reports. And that are in fact not that many – we get about 20 new bug reports per week.
For us developers it would be really helpful to only get the final and real bugreports. That is reports which have a way how to reproduce the issue and all needed information to properly investigate an issue.
So your task as a bug triager for KWin would include:
- Finding Duplicate crash reports (very easy as DrKonqui adds the number of possible duplicates)
- Identifying clear driver crashes (relatively easy if you understand a little bit about reading backtraces)
- Escalating if a driver crash is reported too often, so that we can consider adding a workaround
- Adding meta-information to the report: version, component, flags
- Verify that the bug is reproducable
- Add the steps to reproduce a bug if it is missing
- Identify actual user support issues and send the user to forum.kde.org
- Discard all Wishlist reports and send user to brainstorm.forum.kde.org
As we currently read all reports and are used to work with the bugtracker we can provide help and you can start by just watching our work in the bugtracker by following the shared bugzilla user. If you have questions about why we for example set a bug to duplicate I’m happy to explain that and for that I would prefer using #kde-bugs on freenode.net so that many bug triagers can get the information.
We would be glad to welcome you as a KWin Bug Triager and your help to make KWin a better window manager will be highly appreciated.If you are interested please leave a note, send a mail to email@example.com or just ping me in #kde-bugs.